Clear Dental Hygienist Study Club
The purpose of the Clear Dental Hygienist Study Club To provide dental hygienists with a platform to strengthen their knowledge and skills in dentistry, communicate ideas and build lasting friendships with fellow colleagues in the area.
Our study club is led by two periodontists, Dr. Chang and Dr. Fang, and consisted of several meetings throughout the year. It offers a series of lectures covering multiple hot topics on periodontal diseases, gingival recession, and dental implants. The attendees will learn the benefits and limits of non-surgical therapy, indications and outcomes of treatment of gingival recession, and techniques for soft tissue grafts. We will also focus on the dental implant maintenance and peri-implant diseases diagnosis and treatment. Please browse our upcoming dental hygienist courses below.
The study club will inform the dental hygienists about the knowledge on periodontal diseases treatment and dental implant and provide an opportunity to exchange their ideas with peers in the area.
How to register:
Please call 780-250-2728 or email email@example.com to register. The fee for each course is $25 and is only refundable 2 weeks prior to the course. Three CE credits is provided for each course.
Decoding the New Classification System of Periodontal and Peri-implant Diseases
April 14, 2022 | 3 CE Credits | $25
This course is intended to provide hygienists with the New global classification system of periodontal and peri-implant diseases. The participants will learn:
- Fundamentals of the New classification of the periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- How to apply new classification in our practice
Outcomes and Limits of Non-Surgical Treatment for Periodontal Diseases
May 18, 2022 | 3 CE Credits | $25
This course is intended to provide hygienists with the knowledge of nonsurgical therapy for periodontal diseases, including:
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Benefits of scaling and root planing, and its limitations compared to periodontal surgeries
- Applications of local antibiotics
- Establish the supportive periodontal therapy for periodontal diseases
The Role of the Dental Hygienist in the Management of Gingival Recession
August 4, 2022 | 3 CE Credits | $25
This course is intended to discuss the roles of dental hygienists in the management of gingival recessions, including:
- Etiological factors of gingival recession
- Evaluation and diagnosis of gingival recession
- When should the patient be referred for a periodontal consult?
- Treatment of gingival recession and the expected outcomes
Efficient Communication Between Dental Hygienists and Periodontists
September 15, 2022 | 3 CE Credits | $25
This course is discussing the communication between periodontists and hygienists. The participants will know:
- Referring protocols for periodontists
- Things that you need to discuss with the patients about the periodontal referrals
- What to expect from a periodontist?
Dental Implant Maintenance and Peri-Implant Diseases
November 9, 2022 | 3 CE Credits | $25
This course is intended to provide hygienists with the knowledge of implant maintenance. The participants will learn:
- Access the peri-implant tissues
- Identify a healthy, ailing, and failing implant
- Home care for the implant
- Methods and instruments for implant debridement
Interested in any of our courses? Contact us for more information!
All sessions to be held at Clear Dental Private Practice and Education Centre